Session Purpose and Description:
In this session, participants will learn about recent statewide survey findings that examine the best approaches to updating the existing State TDP Rule (14-73.001) and the overall TDP development process so that it remains relevant and optimally linked with today’s federal metropolitan transportation planning process. Participants will be encouraged to review and provide comments on the proposed changes of the TDP Rule and learn about the next steps in this process.
Discussion Topics include:
- Why, what, how, and when the TDP Rule is being changed.
- How TDP Rule changes will better align with the MPO planning process.
- Overview of the TDP Rule revision process.
- Summary of transit agency and MPO input provided into the TDP Rule change process.
- Walkthrough of the revised TDP Rule and how it differs from the previous one.
- Feedback from the session audience on the proposed TDP Rule changes and process.
- Highlights of the expected timeline and steps to be taken in moving the TDP Rule Change process to adoption in late 2023.
- Synopsis on how the new TDP Rule will be implemented.
- Summary of the new TDP Rule implementation guidance that will be provided before and after the implementation of a new TDP Rule.
- Martin Catala, CUTR
- Rob Gregg, Madrid CPWG