Session Purpose and Description:
In this session, participants will learn about best practices in maximizing Transit Agency, MPO and FDOT planning and funding partnerships to succeed in developing high-frequency transit corridors, deliver more frequent transit service, enhance transit-supportive land use on a corridor, and create a process that can be applied to other corridors where high-capacity transit services can be developed.
- History of planning and funding coordination among Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority (PSTA), Forward Pinellas, and FDOT District 7.
- How to create a culture of Transit Agency, MPO, and FDOT coordination.
- Developing a project prioritization process.
- Advantages of co-branding the PSTA TDP and Forward Pinellas LRTP.
- Best practices in including local governments (County and municipal) into the coordination process.
- Development of the SunRunner Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) project.
- Coordination of MPO and FDOT funding for PSTA transit projects and SunRunner BRT.
- Enhancing corridors with transit-supportive land use planning and development.
- Coordination efforts for future high-capacity transit corridors.
- Coordination successes among all partner agencies.
- Heather Sobush, PSTA
- Rodney Chatman, Forward Pinellas
- Chris Leffert, FDOT District 7
- Martin Catala, CUTR
- Jonathan Roberson, CUTR