The Florida Transit Planning Network (FTPN) is a partnership between the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), Florida transit agencies and the Center for Urban Transportation Research (CUTR) at the University of South Florida to promote networking and information sharing among transit planning professionals in Florida. Membership is free and open to anyone with an interest in public transportation planning. Representatives of public transportation providers, Metropolitan Planning Organizations, other government agencies and transportation consulting firms are encouraged to participate.
What does the FTPN offer?
- Planning track sessions at the Florida Public Transportation Association’s FPTA/FDOT/CUTR Professional Development Workshop that takes place during the spring and the FPTA Annual Conference which takes place in the fall
- A forum to discuss transit-related issues and solutions on the FTPN Listserv
- Website updates and bi-annual newsletters to stay aware of opportunities for transit planning related training, webinars, and conferences
- Access to transit planning documents including Florida transit agencies’ current Transit Development Plans (TDPs)
- Opportunities to exchange knowledge and experiences with other transit planning professionals in the State of Florida